We just passed the two month mark for the 2020-2021 school year. It has been quite a ride! We are working with learners that are face-to-face AND virtual at the same time.
We have some important announcements:
- Math Lab has started! Mrs. Susan Belman will be pulling learners during FLEX and 1st or 2nd Connect to work on sharpening some skills and pushing students towards grade level proficiency. Communication about this was sent the week of October 26th via USPS to certain STEM families. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a math team, we have decided to make our annual math goal for the entire student population to work on converting between fractions, decimals, percents, and base ten grids; we feel it’s an important skills to know how to convert fluidly between those four representations of any given number. Any support at home for this would be great, what’s 50% as a fraction? What is 0.25 as a percent?
- All students log into Infinite Campus to do their daily attendance at 7:25am.
- Check Google Classroom on a daily basis for missing work. If your student has a question on a task, please have them email or send a message via WebEx. (Messaging on Google Classroom as a comment is not the most efficient way because we do not get alerts for private comments.)
- Your student should be working on their Aleks Pies a few times a week. Ask them if they are on pace with their Aleks Personalized Pacing Guide, meaning did they meet their end of October goal? Are they on track to meet their November goal?
- Virtual Mondays are not optional! Please make sure your student is attending our required Monday meetings on WebEx.
- Core 1: 7:25am
- Core 2: 9:25am
- Core 4: 1:30pm
- Core 1: 7:25am
- Now that we are moving back to Cohorts (same cohort groups from the start of the year) beginning on November 30, it is required that your student joins the WebEx call at the beginning of each class period. Please make sure your child is attending. If your student is unable to attend, please use the Safe Arrival feature or contact Ms. Olson in the office to make arrangements for an absence. It would be helpful if your student also messages their teachers to let them know.
Thanks for your attention and support for these reminders as we all do our best to support the learners in our building!